The ingredient of Virginian roast with honeyed vegetables
- 3 (about 450g) parsnips, peeled
- 3 (about 350g) carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 500g mini silverside roast
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra
- 150g green beans
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Virginian roast with honeyed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Cut the parsnips and carrots into quarters lengthways, then into 7cm lengths. Cut any large pieces in half lengthways. Place the parsnips, carrots, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss until well combined.
- Rub the silverside with the extra oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the silverside in a large roasting pan and arrange the parsnips and carrots around it. Cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C and cook for a further 20 minutes. Transfer the silverside to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Return the parsnips and carrots to the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain and return to the pan. (See microwave tip.)
- Transfer the parsnips and carrots to serving plates. Place roasting pan over high heat, add the stock and boil, uncovered, scraping the pan to dislodge any cooked-on bits, for 2 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Carve the silverside and place on the serving plates with the beans. Drizzle with the sauce and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Virginian roast with honeyed vegetablescalories: 366.865 calories
fatContent: 15 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 16 grams sugar
proteinContent: 31 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 45 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 239.38 milligrams sodium