Adults and kids alike will love this tasty and easy meatball pasta.
The ingredient of Italian meatballs with pasta and tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Colavita olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine or Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 400g dried short pasta
- Flaked parmesan, to serve
- Salt, to season
- 500g minced beef
- 25g sliced salami, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
The instruction how to make Italian meatballs with pasta and tomato sauce
- For meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or stock and simmer until reduced by 1/2. Return meatballs to pan with tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add meatballs and sauce and toss to combine, then serve scattered with flaked parmesan.
Nutritions of Italian meatballs with pasta and tomato saucecalories: 881.432 calories
fatContent: 37 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 5 grams sugar
proteinContent: 47 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 165 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 447.18 milligrams sodium