Kids love oodles of noodles, so get them in the kitchen to make this easy Chinese favourite!
The ingredient of Chow mein
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 trimmed celery stalks, finely chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 350g packet fresh thin egg noodles
- 1/2 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen sliced green beans
- 1/2 small wombok, coarsely shredded
The instruction how to make Chow mein
- Heat the oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour and is cooked though.
- Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the carrot, celery and mushroom, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce and noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add peas, beans and cabbage and reduce heat to low. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables tender.
- Divide evenly among serving bowls.
Nutritions of Chow meincalories: 266.007 calories
fatContent: 11.2 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 3.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.2 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 22.1 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 17.2 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 3260 milligrams sodium