Turn these budget friendly sausages into gourmet fare with our recipe for roasted chipolatas with creamy polenta.
The ingredient of Roasted chipolatas with creamy polenta
- 800g beef chipolata sausages
- 12 pickling onions, peeled
- 300g trussed cherry tomatoes
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup (170g) polenta (cornmeal)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Roasted chipolatas with creamy polenta
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat a roasting pan over high heat. Add the sausages and onions and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Add the tomatoes, garlic and wine and bring to a simmer. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until onions and tomatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil over medium heat. While continually whisking with a balloon whisk, gradually add the cornmeal in a steady stream. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add the cream and parmesan and stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the polenta among serving bowls. Top with roasted sausages, tomatoes and onions and drizzle with pan juices. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roasted chipolatas with creamy polentacalories: 921.823 calories
fatContent: 60 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 14 grams sugar
proteinContent: 36 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 155 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 3212.92 milligrams sodium