The ingredient of Peppered minute steak with carrot & caraway seed puree
- 700g (about 6) carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 290g (1 1/2 cup) couscous
- 1 bunch English spinach, stems trimmed, washed, finely shredded
- 20g (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 300g pieces beef topside steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Peppered minute steak with carrot & caraway seed puree
- Cook carrots in a saucepan of salted boiling water, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous following packet directions. Use a fork to separate grains and stir spinach through until it begins to wilt. Set aside.
- Place the carrot, butter and caraway seeds in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut each piece of steak in half crossways. Place 1 piece in a plastic bag and use the flat side of a meat mallet to pound to 10mm thick. Transfer to the lined tray. Repeat with remaining steaks. Sprinkle cracked pepper over both sides and use your fingers to press pepper into steaks.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the steaks and cook for 1 minute each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside and cover loosely with foil. Repeat with remaining steaks.
- Increase heat to high. Add stock to pan and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Transfer to a jug and set aside.
- Place the carrot puree on serving plates and top with the steaks. Serve with the couscous and spinach, and drizzle with the stock.
Nutritions of Peppered minute steak with carrot & caraway seed pureecalories: 618.771 calories
fatContent: 17 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 9 grams sugar
proteinContent: 46 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 65 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 343.62 milligrams sodium