There are two ways to get the Social Business Toolkit SDK:
- Download the SDK and sample web applications from OpenNTF. Since the SDK and samples are pre-packaged, this allows you to simply install and get going.
- Download the SDK source and build the projects from GitHub. While this takes more time, the code is more recent. The last package posted on OpenNTF is over a year old at the time of writing.
Downloading the Social Business Toolkit SDK from OpenNTF
To download and install, see documentation. High level steps are:
- Download the latest version of the SDK.
- Extract the zip and locate the file \samples\ear\sbt.sample-220.127.116.1140723-1200.ear (or similar name).
Building the Social Business Toolkit SDK from GitHub
The documentation on building the source is a bit dated. Most developers will be able to follow the steps below.
- Download the source (e.g. download ZIP) from the SocialSDK repo on SBTSDK GitHub.
- Import the maven projects into Eclipse. The Import -> Maven -> Existing Maven Projects is an option in later versions of Eclipse. If you do not have this, consider downloading the M2Eclipse plugin.
- Depending on how you import, you may need to update the Project Explorer view to include the com.ibm.sbt working set.
- Select the sbt.sample project -> Export -> EAR File.
Installing the Social Business Toolkit SDK Sample
- Install the EAR (either the one from Downloading Step 2 or Building Step4) using WAS admin console. I’m installing the SDK directly to the Portal server.
- Verify the application by visiting http://<portal>:<port>/sbt.sample.web/ in a web browser. (The default port for Portal is 10039.)
Congratulations, now you can get started.